Who Am I? A Riddle Worth Repeating
TGIT... Thank God It's Today Volume #378 - February 16th, 2015. By: Barry Gottlieb, Author, Speaker, Trusted Advisor. A riddle worth repeating...
Who am I
I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper, or heaviest burden. I will push you onward, or drag you down to failure.
I am completely at your command.
Half the things you do might just as well be turned over to me; and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed - you must merely be firm with me.
Show me exactly how you want something done, and after a few lessons I will do it automatically. I am the servant of all great people and, alas, of all failures, as well. Those who are great, I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures. I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a person.
You may run me for profit or run me for ruin - it makes no difference to me. Take me, train me, be firm with me, and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me, and I will destroy you. Who Am I???
Would you like a hint? Answer this question:
Why do you do what you do, when you know what you know?
The Answer... "Habit"
Be aware of your habits. The good ones and the bad ones.
As you may already know, a bad habit is very difficult to get rid of. The best way I know of is to replace the bad habit with a new more positive and powerful habit.
Here are some action steps to help you replace those bad habits:
- Remember... Winners develop the habit of doing the things that losers don't like to do
- Be aware of how you think and talk to yourself; and how you talk to others
- Remember... Your thoughts become your actions
- Your actions, done repeatedly, create your habits...
- Your habits create your character
- If you want to change something about your character, start by changing the way you think
- Remember... Your bad habits are always waiting for the opportunity to take back control
- If they try to resurface, immediately say, "Cancel" and recite your new positive, more powerful affirmation aloud (example:When you are craving a cigarette... Say "Cancel"... "My lungs are healthy open and clean.")
- You must be determined and disciplined if you want to create the life you desire
Remember... Every day is a gift, and the quality of your life is your gift to yourself.